Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm still sick? HOW RUDE!

Let it never be said that Aaron Burkhalter don't know how to spend a sick day.
I headed into work Monday, and my aspirin-treated headache didn't seem to be getting better.

I headed home via a grocery store to stock for my flu-like pity party to be held in our moving box-laden new place in Mount Vernon.

Canned chicken soup? $2.50 Sprite? $5/3 bottles. Aleve and Nyquil? About $10 for the smallest bottles, cuz I'm cheap like that. Eight seasons of Full House and nothing on my afternoon agenda but sleeping and enjoying my favorite San Francisco family? Priceless.

The cherry on top of my restful sick day? The brand new People Magazine featuring Jodi Sweetin in the front page story "From Meth Addict to Mom."

There's really nothing more enjoyable than sitting back with some Season 5 Full House goodness (that's the season Uncle Jesse's twins, Nicky and Alex, are born, DURING MICHELLE'S BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!!!!!) and reading the confessional article about her meth addiction, the introduction to her new tattoo-laden husband and the birth of her new baby girl, Zoie.

Best information gleaned from this article:
  • Zoie is now in possession of one of several Mr. Bear dolls from the show. Sweetin gave her child "the stunt bear" for her pink and brown bedroom.

  • The original bear is in Sweetin's room.

  • Sweetin has little contact with the ever-infamous Olsen Twins, and in a barely diplomatic statement said "I wish them nothing but the best."

But of course there's got to be a dark side. Be warned to the faint of heart hoping to see their precious Stephanie Tanner in only the best light, doing an Google image search just to find the cover of the magazine for this post resulted in photos of Sweeting wearing purple hot pants and straddling her new hubby at a bar and several articles commenting on the size of Sweetin's maternally-enhanced chest with the words "Full Boobs." I'm still recovering.

Several doses of Nyquil and some lovely naps soundtracked by episodes of the greatest family television show ABC ever produced and I'm back at work and feeling pretty good.

2 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger Kelly Jabbusch said...

I couldn't seem to find the Achewood comic that shares the same views I do about "Full House." You know, it's the one where Ray calls the writers of the show and asks why a random number generator writes each "new" episode, using only the original script as a guide. Sadly, my google search, only yielded the information that Ray so ingeniously figured out himself

http://thegoodreverend.blogspot.com/2006/08/full-house-script-from-every-episode.html

Thanks, though, for the summary of the People article. We'd have to go to one of those news stands at the train station just to read the article in an overly-priced People mag, since it is not available on-line. There is, though, an extremely frightening video interview with Ms. Sweetin on people.com. I'm hoping her dumbness is not a result of just having a baby.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Aaron Burkhalter said...

By contrast, I'm confident that Philippe is a DIE-HARD "Full House" fan... dude loves that San Francisco Family like grape-juice popsicles!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home