Tuesday, June 03, 2008

R.I.P. Bo Diddley

Bo Diddley passed away Monday from heart failure.

I don't have anything of major significance to say about him that's not already noted many other places, including this article from the L.A. Times.

I will say though, I find it unconscionable that the article lists U2 and, ugh, George Michael among those who stole the "Bo Diddley beat" but not once mentions Bow Wow Wow or the song I Want Candy.

Pffff...

In the mean time, enjoy this track by Bo Diddley while I run to the store and fix a major hole in my CD collection:

Who Do You Love

1 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Blogger Chris Burkhalter said...

No doubt about it, "I walked 47 miles of barbed wire, I use a cobra snake for a necktie, I got a brand new house on the roadside made from rattlesnake hide, I got a brand new chimney made on top made from a human skull. Now c'mon take a little walk with me Arlene and tell me who do you love?" is like the blueprint for "I'm a street-walkin' cheetah with a heart full of napalm." A couple more steps and you've found yourself at "We let the jewelry store feeling like we left the morgue, we was frozen, and I bought an iced-out trojan." Bo knew, Bo knew...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home