Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I'm convinced it was intentional...

So say you're a photographer covering a discus event, where do you stand? On the sidelines? In the bleachers? Or how about right in the way of an oncoming javelin.

That’s what happened in Utah, and since I can assure you that the man came away with no serious injuries (13 stitches, but no major injuries I swear) I can tell you that this story is hilarious.

I'm pretty sure the local newspaper ticked off the school district at some point, and the student-thrower was urged on by the school board, but there’s nothing to indicate that in the article.

Kudos to the photographer for actually taking a photo of his leg while he was being treated on the field, and warnings to the faint of heart (and the faint of butt) — the story includes that photo.

As an aside, I learned about this story yesterday working at my NEW JOB at the Skagit Valley Herald where I'm covering health, social services and environment.

I’ve got some posts I’ve been working on, but I left my laptop down in Milton, and I be up in Mount Vernon.

Oh, another aside, we have a few fun pictures of us tip-toeing through the tulips several weeks ago during the tulip festival. There be an 8-month-old in those photos, so cuteness is about. Peep ’em at my Picasa page.

2 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger Carl said...

Skagit Valley? Dude...tell me you're not making THAT drive every day.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Aaron Burkhalter said...

I'm not... we're moving, monchichi!

But for the moment I'm staying at my inlaws' place between the MV (as the cool kids call it) and La Connor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home