Thursday, February 28, 2008

God smite Rachel Ray

Previously I titled a post calling for the divine blessing of one Alton Brown.
The flipside of this is my now calling for the divine SMITING of Rachel Ray and her freaking EVOO.
That she is the incarnate of all things evil on the otherwise beloved Food Network is given, but now she's getting hooked up with the SXSW festival for a birthday party concert of indie music persuasions?
Look lady, it's bad enough that you've sullied the Food Network with your ridiculous acronyms of standard kitchen products (EVOO indeed), and that you're annoyingly perky, but now you've gotta go and start fronting on my musical territory? That's right, not even Pitchfork is safe from this incarnate of culinary evil. I can't even peruse the latest record reviews without seeing her.
Added to my loathing... I searched for a picture of Ray through google, and ran into WAY to many photos from some magazine shoot she did that I deem inappropriate for these pages. That's right, she appeared on FHM as well, cooking in little more than a mini skirt and a bra.
I'm going to go watch a few episodes of Alton Brown just to cleanse my brain pallet of this news bit.

2 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger Carl said...

Methinks you might be just a bit jealous of Mdme. Ray's culinary skill. Come on, you think she's just a little hot, don't you?

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Aaron Burkhalter said...

Kyle,

Just cruel enough kyle, just cruel enough. You want to see needless cruelty, give me some alcohol and stick me in front of "America's Next Top Model." I can't be held accountable for the words that escape my mouth with such a combination.

Carl,

I'm really an "Iron Chef" man myself, so Ray's going to have to step it up a little bit in my opinion... she and her EVOO.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home