Monday, March 01, 2010

The Compromise

I've been bouncing inexplicably between Blogger and Tumbler for some time now, frustrated by the advantages and disadvantages of both.

I have history with blogger, and more than four years of back posts writing first as religious commentator, then as community radio volunteer DJ, then as Andrew Bird superfan and now as a random place to drop things that interest me and photos I've taken.

I switched to Tumbler because its microblogging fascinated me and it was easier to follow Chris' blog from there. Plus I follow Hipster Puppies, which is amazing.

But it still lacked some diversity, such as the ability to leave comments and the ability to interact with people who are not members of Blogger. The compromise? I just found a way to import all my blogger crap over to Tumblr. Best of both worlds.

That said, consider this my personal plea to Blogger to create a link allowing me to put up quick mini posts like Tumblr does. Getting to click "Share on Tumblr" to make a blog post is entirely fantastic and keeps me updating things more often.

But now, I don't have to ask anyone to change their pattern or adapt to my latest social networking whims. Stay tuned here for future posting.

2 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger 紀錄 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Carl said...

How'd you port your Blogger content to Tumblr?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home