Monday, July 21, 2008

The Quilt, Part 5


After massive amounts of swearing, kicking things and generally causing catastrophe among my very limited pool of fabric, I've finally completed the cutting. There were quite a number of design modifications that took place throughout the process, but I'm pretty happy with how it looks now. I had to make a couple decisions that were tough. My Riyadh square changed a bit tonight, and I opted for a light green on the top instead of the blue, mainly because it balanced the colors on the whole, even though I liked the way the square looked on its own before.

And because I just couldn't wait to get this thing pieced together, I got two seams sewed tonight. Two because, well, the sewing machine started acting up and it was late. So I took pictures and went to bed. But I did get a couple things put together, including this snazzy little section of quilt featuring a musician we all know and love (and by we, I pretty much mean me and Megan, and by love, I do mean idolize in an unhealthy way that will inevitably lead to a restraining order handed to us at one of his concerts.)

Speak of the devil, we'll be seeing the lad himself Wednesday night playing alongside Josh Ritter at the Zoo Tunes series at Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle.

A completely unrelated aside, if you haven't peeped out Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog you should. He has a PhD in horribleness.

5 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Blogger Kate Martin said...

Hey Aaron! I love Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog! That show rocks. I'm going to have to wait for the DVD to watch it all though. I have something against iTunes for some reason.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

is this andrew bird shindig sold out? Just curious.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Aaron Burkhalter said...

Dr. Horrible is pretty darned great... We enjoyed it. It'd really be worth a bit of a mini series...

And Andrew Bird sold out... but only in terms of tickets. His soul is still in tact with an independent record company...

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger Cat Jackson said...

I haven't checked out Dr Horrible yet, but since you and Courtney BOTH recommend it, I will. I loled when I saw the pic of you and the Andrew Bird piece.

I should make a quilt someday. When the time comes, will you show me how?

Maybe I'll make mine out of Tokio Hotel t-shirts!

Oh God. I'm so lame. So terribly, shamefully, lame.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Aaron Burkhalter said...

No lamer than the rest of us...

And I would be happy to teach, but you must understand my knowledge comes from Megan's mom, who's far more experienced than I... I've also made a LOT of mistakes so far, and I'm still struggling with on big mistake I'm hoping won't be TOO damning for the overall project...

Megan forced me to smile for that photo, and I was resisting, so the smile came out extra forced... she'll pay... one day... she'll pay...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home