Friday, October 24, 2008

Andrew Bird Plays With Yo Yo Ma, Mt. Vernon Blogger Pees His Pants




Holy crap for freakin'-crap people! Andrew Bird and Yo-Yo Ma TO-FREAKIN'-GETHER??? No seriously, I'm pausing this post for just a moment to go change my pants.

*pause*

Okay. Back. What were we talking about? Oh yeah, YO-YO MA AND ANDREW BIRD PLAYING TOGETHER! If you didn't recognize the tune, it's a little hymn in the round that, when I've heard it, is sung with the words "Dona Nobis Pacem Pacem, Dona Nobis Pacem," which effectively translates to "Give us peace."

So apparently there's an interview to come with this down the road, but for the moment I'm delighted to have my favorite songwriter perform with one of the world's greatest classical musicians. Yo-Yo Ma is to be respected for his enormous skill. I listen to his recordings of Bach's cello suites and am taken into an entirely different world. One where only good things exist and meals consist of fresh picked berries and chocolate.

As if that wasn't enough good news for one evening, this video came to my attention via an Andrew Bird fan letter which announced his new album titled "Noble Beast." Am I excited? Yes, yes I am.

And along with that announcement, Pitchfork has posted a song from the album.

Why, oh why, does the world love me so much today? What have I done to deserve such sweet treatment? Nothing good enough, I assure you.

5 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Daniel B. said...

And, with that video, my life may be complete. That was totally awesome.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Carl said...

It is our combined goodness, perhaps?

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Aaron Burkhalter said...

Carl, are you confident that combining a goodness level from you would actually end in a positive sum? Are you really?

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Carl said...

Yes, I think that my positiveness will outweigh even your negativity, daddio. Now go and change your armor.

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger Josh U. Wah said...

A tiny, tiny slice of heaven pie.

Hey Aaron, it's Joshua!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home