Friday, January 20, 2006

One Band / One Hour Playlist for Friday, January 20, 2006

Well, I'm batting down my favorites one by one at the One Band / One Hour show. This week we featured Iron and Wine. But that's not the exciting news, the exciting news is that I actually recorded the show in mp3 format! I did it once before, but did not succeed in getting it home, but now, thanks to YouSendIt (and the kind soul who alerted me to the YouSendIt wonders) I have the hour long show in its entirety in two files. I realized this afternoon that this has a good side and a bad side. On the one hand, I get to share some of the music and something that I really enjoy with friends and relations. On the down side, you get to hear my occasional blunders that occur in the studio. Today was a mix up with the "cue" button which is supposed to allow me to listen to a song before I play it, and without broadcasting it on the air. I pushed the wrong button, and on two occasions accidentally got two tracks running at the same time.

Not my fault or blunder is a little skipping that happened to the stream as I was recording. I have no idea how this happened, but luckily I caught it and fixed it. So at the beginning of part two, there's a couple hiccups, and a small pause, but fear not, music is soon coming to your ears and lulling you into a peaceful contentment. Also, I neglected to remember that our broadcast runs 6 seconds later than we hear in the studio, and even later on the web, so the last track is lopped off just before the fade out. But I'm not complaining. I didn't think I'd ever be able to do this. Having my show broadcast on this blog makes me feel like Terry Gross!

Anyway, you can listen to the show in two 25ish minute installments below:

One Band / One Hour Part 1
One Band / One Hour Part 2

And of course there's the playlist. Be warned, knowing what songs are coming next may spoil the magic of the One Band / One Hour experience! The albums are listed in paranthesis:

Naked As We Came (Our Endless Numbered Days)
Lion's Main (The Creek Drank The Cradle)
Someday The Waves (The Sea and the Rhythm EP)
Freedom Hangs Like Heaven (Woman King EP)
Free Until They Cut Me Down (Our Endless Numbered Days)
Red Dust (In The Reins EP w/ Calexico)

Promotions Break!

Upward Over The Mountain (The Creek Drank The Cradle)
The Sea and the Rhythm (The Sea and the Rhythm EP)
Jezebel (Woman King EP)
Such Great Heights (Garden State Soundtrack)
Sodom South Georgia (Our Endless Numbered Days)
Dead Man's Will (In The Reins EP w/ Calexico)

Next Show: Friday, January 27 at 4 a.m. Coming up next month, I'm filling in for a show on Saturday, February 11th in the evening. No idea what I'll be playing yet, but I'll try to cater it to what the normal DJ usually plays. I'm also already thinking about the next One Band / One Hour. Woot!

2 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger Aaron Burkhalter said...

Jack,

All due respect, but that wasn't a call for requests man... the One Band / One Hour shows are determined by the proprietors of Discord/Harmony Inc. You're going to have to get y'self a seat on the board if you want to take care of this Masonna obsession of yours...

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Aaron Burkhalter said...

I think that you might find better luck at the Harshnoise blog. Over here we tend to stick with things that are pretty, or otherwise bumpin', and things that don't make my ears bleed...

I found another blog for you, but it's all in japanese, and I don't understand a lick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home