Sunday, November 20, 2005

Andrew Bird on Bob Dylan

Our friends over at You Ain't No Picasso are my favorite people in the world right now for posting a lovely Andrew Bird song found here.

If you dig through the archives you'll find that I've got a special place in my heart for Andrew Bird's music. He truely is a talented performer and songwriter. There is little (dare I say it, nothing?) with which to find fault in his music. "Oh Sister," by Bob Dylan, can be found in physical form on the Mojo cover album that came with their August issue.

Bird appears with his frequent collaborator Norah O'Connor. When those voices get together the inferior angels sulk away feeling great shame. This particular track is really quite different from a lot of his work. I would equate it most closely to album before last, Weather Systems, but even still this one has more twang to it, and that strumming is just AMAZING.

This track is neck in neck with the new Harry Potter flick for the highlight of my week award. I haven't grown tired of it yet, and doubt I will anytime soon.

As an aside, since I haven't mentioned it before (I don't think) I'm a DJ at KWVA radio. If you're ever in Eugene, Oregon from 4 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday's, please tune into to 88.1 and give me a listen. Chances are you'll hear something by Mr. Bird. If you listen Friday, I have no doubt at all that you'll hear this song at some point. On December 9th, I'm hosting a special show at 4 p.m. called One Band, One Hour. It's a different host every week. We DJ's get to showcase one of our favorite bands or artists. December 9th I'll be doing an all Andrew Bird hour for the One Band, One Hour show. So if you're in Eugene, please tune in at 88.1. If you're not, you can listen online here. In the future I hope to post my playlist online. I may not remember, but I'll try.

1 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger Aaron Burkhalter said...

I've got my computer with me when I DJ anyway, so I should be able to put it up right after I'm done. Woot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home