Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Brian Flemming Declares War on Christmas

Brian Flemming has declared war on Christmas, countering my previous assertions that there is no conspiracy by leftists and secularists to destroy Christmas. Now, if you'll read his formal declaration his motivations are a little more clear. He agrees with me that the war on Christmas is a myth, but he's decided that if critics want to think there's a war, why not give it to them?

Brian Flemming, it should be noted, is the director of a documentary out this year called The God That Wasn't There, a documentary that criticizes current Christian trends, especially that of the American fundamentalist movement. It goes on to question whether Jesus really existed. I'll be watching it over the holidays when I'm in Seattle, since my local DVD sources here in Eugene don't carry it. Scarecrow is, as usual, the wonderful savior of moving pictures and does have it, so I'll rent it from them.

Flemming is ALSO the creator of the musical Bat Boy, the stage production based off of a series of tabloid articles. I really have no comments here. I leave my dedicated readers to make the same furrowed brow look of confusion as to how the creator of Bat Boy went on to documentary filmmaking on religion.

Oh, and one final oddity, if you look at the declaration's border it appears as though Flemming printed this out on Boy Scout stationary. No foolin'. The bottom right corner I think is the Tenderfoot award, the bottom right is Second Class and the upper right is First Class. Take it from an Eagle Scout, the war on Christmas is being led by the BSA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home