Tuesday, December 06, 2005

KWVA Playlist for Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2005

Ah another fine early morning at KWVA! Hopefully my music is reaching the yawning and streching masses of the world, who accept it gladly and say "Y'know, I really needed some OOIOO this morning to get my day started! And MIA is like the cup of coffee I never had!"

MF Doom - Horehound*
Sufjan Stevens - The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts
Animal Collective - Grass
Andrew Bird - A Nervous Tic Motion of the Head to the Left
MF Doom - Pennyroyal*
The Go! Team - The Power Is On
Dengue Fever - We
The Reebreck Manifesto - We Still Got It
(promo break)
MF Doom - Patchouly Leaves*
MIA - Fire Fire
OOIOO - Trumpeter
Danger Doom - The Mask (feat. Ghostface)
Blackalicious - Powers
MF Doom - Orange Blossoms*
Theivery Corporation - Thievery Corporation
Celebration - Holiday
MF Doom - Horehound*
Lady Sovereign - A Little Bit of Shhh

*These tracks served as the background to my lovely voice this morning. They are all from MF Dooms Special Herbs Vol. 5 and 6, and they're all great!

The Highlights: Dengue Fever didn't get a proper shout out last time. They're fantastic. Sort of pop-ish electronic-ish Indian-ish. Very catchy! OOIOO has been sitting of the shelf and I've ignored it thus far, and decided it was time it saw the light of day on my lovely morning show. It was, as expected, really good, and far more accessible than I had expected.

The Duds: The Reebreck Manifesto just didn't quite get there for me. The description on the inside of the case (provided by other DJ's) said that it lacked lyrics to hold it together. I'm not one to say that we need lyrics to make some good music, but it definately lacked something to bring it all around. It started to get a little repetitive and didn't keep me very interested for too long.

Next Show: Thursday morning from 4 a.m. to 6 a.m. But the important show is the next afternoon, Friday (Dec 9) from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. It's the One Band / One Hour show, and I'll be spinning the music of Andrew Bird. Be sure to give a listen!

Requests: In this wacky world of internet and technology, it's foolish to assume you can only make radio requests over the phone. Who wants to take the effort to use this wacky device covered in buttons when you can climb onto your computer? So if you've got something you want to hear during my next show, post a comment here and let me know what it is. Other KWVA DJ's are not part of this blog, and thus will not honor such requests. I'm offering this for my show only.

See you Thursday!

1 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Aaron Burkhalter said...

Andrew Bird? Hmm... Yeah, the name isn't ringing a bell, but I'll check him out and see if I can find anything. Maybe my insufferable baffoon of a brother has some... If I can find some, sure I'll play it, but it better not be weird or anything...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home