Saturday, January 28, 2006

New Andrew Bird Snacks... er... tracks!!!!

Have I ever mentioned that the folks over at Internet Audio Archive are my best friends in the world now? They truly are. I've mentioned them before, but if you've just tuned in, let's racap shall we? The Internet Audio Archive does a number of things in the realm of the listenable. My favorite thing: they post live concerts of various bands. Even better, it's all legal! They get permission from the band/performer (which is viewable on the site) and host the tracks. Their list is pretty long, but don't expect to find every band you love there. I finally found their band list which is much easier than searching for individual bands and not finding them. Among those that have caught my eye, they have concerts from Calexico, The Decemberists, Xiu Xiu and many others. It is a long list, so hop on over and check it out for yourself.

The reason I am singing their praises today is that I ran across an Andrew Bird song today called "Dark Matter" that I've never heard before. Something from his next album perhaps? Oh we can only imagine, hope and dream. Give the track a listen:

Andrew Bird - Dark Matter (Live on The Current in Minneapolis)

The whole broadcast for the show can be found here.

Bird has been playing another new song on his live sets called "The Armchair Apocrophyst" (although I've heard it called "The Armchair of the Apocalypse" before too, but this particular recording argues otherwsite). The audio archive has a nice version of that from when he performed at KCRW's on Morning Becomes Eclectic. Give it a listen!

Andrew Bird - The Armchair Apocraphyst (Live on Morning Becomes Eclectic)

If you haven't heard Andrew Bird live before, you really must! In fact, if I were to pick a track to really represent how amazing he sounds live, I would have to choose "A Nervous Tic Motion Of The Head To The Left." The Morning Becomes Eclectic performance of this song is particularly choice, since it's the only live recordings of his newest music I've found with a drummer. So listen to that too:

Andrew Bird - A Nervous Tic Motion Of The Head To The Left (Live on Morning Becomes Eclectic)

The entire broadcast for this show can be found here.

A hop over to his website reveals good omens for the coming year. The news page had this to say about 2006: "Hey friends - happy new year and thanks for all of the goodness in 2005. 2006 and will be just as exciting - and will include the making of a new album, more touring (of course) and as always, there will be snacks."

Holy shamoly did you read that? Snacks!!!!! No, actually I was referring to the mention of a possible new album. I'm all twitterpated at the possibility of another release. If these two new tracks are any indication we're, as always, in for a treat... or maybe a snack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home