Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Okay, I lied...

So does anybody remember a couple posts ago when I said I'd be writing about music other than that of Andrew Bird, Iron & Wine and Petra Haden? Nobody? Good... So moving on quickly whilst I have you distracted!

There's been a couple Andrew Bird bits that popped up on my radar recently, and I thought I'd share them here. I ran across a new track over at You Ain't No Picasso and in my paranoia that I somehow missed other bits in the last quarter (with school insanity) I did a little searching around, just in case my main man had been up to his old shenanigans without keeping me in the know. I found just a few things that had snuck past my attention, and I've decided to report them to you here.... because I'm obsessed... in possibly an unhealthy way... and I want him to be my best friend... and we'll hang out and have adventures like Hermoine, Ron and Harry... Okay, enough of that! Let's get it a-rollin'!
  • Awesome New Andrew Bird Thing #1: The man has been recording with french songwriter Emily Loizeau. You can find the track over at Keep It Coming. It's a pretty nice track. Stylistically it reminds me of Tom Waits' The Black Rider except that it doesn't give me nightmares. But it's a great track, so hop on by and give it a listen!

  • Awesome New Andrew Bird Thing #2: During his most recent tour (y'know that one that DIDN'T come anywhere near the west coast?) Mr. Bird has brought a new track into his rotation. It's called "Sychophantitis" and you can SEE it in video form over at Civility In Public Discourse. Megan thought the track wasn't very good, but quickly added "But since it's Andrew Bird, it's already better than anything else in the world so..." Ah... that's why I married that girl.

  • Awesome New Andrew Bird Thing #3:For all y'alls that haven't heeded my advice on seeing him live (or for whatever reason just couldn't) there is a site that hosts a number of high quality, well recorded and edited concerts, including one Mr. Bird did at the Paradiso in Amsterdam. It's a great show, and really representative of his live show. It's the next best thing to being right there. Now get yaself over to Fab Channel and listen to it! I can't link direct to the concert itself, so you'll have to search by his name. But it's pretty easy to find. And really, the quality is top notch. Even if you just check it out for a song or two, it's really worth it. It's just amazing to see him put this stuff together live. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home