Sunday, June 18, 2006

GRADUATION!


So I've been out of it for a while, but I did want to take a moment to feel happy about being finished with one chapter of my life. I graduated today, and it felt really good to walk across that stage, have my name read and get hooded! I wanted to keep it cool and downplay things, but I really was excited. Not only that, since I was getting my masters degree, I get to wear the cool, snazzy and colorful hood shown below on the left, in beautiful UO yellow and green.

And like most graduations, I got to walk across the stage but I receive only an empty folder with the UO emblem on the front. On the inside, in place of my degree, sits a sheet of paper highlighting the many different ways I can give the University of Oregon money, since I'm all employable now... or at least that's the idea.

Megan also had a great accomplishment this week. She's not big on ceremonies, so she did not participate in her own, but she completed her student teaching and is now eligable to apply for her teaching certificate. She'll complete her masters over the summer.

I'm going to miss the University of Oregon quite a bit, and in my year here in Eugene I've caught the yellow and green bug which makes me swell up with pride whenever I hear about something from my now alma mater. I'm going to go buy a UO green sweatshirt and strut around town all puff chested and standing tall. Cuz dammit... I'm a duck!

Go Ducks!

I'll get back to posting something more interesting next week, including this weeks show. Coming up, my last KWVA show, and hopefully the big thing I've been hinting at for months now. I'd really better follow through on that or I know my many fans will riot... or at least you'd better, because I'd have hurt feelings if you didn't.

6 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger Brett said...

just want to say a big Congratulations! ... and i find it odd that you have a morterboard AND a masters hood. explain that one. oh, and we'll see you around the 4th.. because you'll still be over there, right?

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Bubba Da Cat said...

Hey, congrats man. Also, my site is being updated again! I know, scary!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Aaron Burkhalter said...

Brett... I believe that is the plan. We'll talk about that soon... and happy birthday btw!

Oh, and the cap is because people want to point and laugh that we have a square on our heads... personally, I think the hood is enough. Although my mom was convinced that I would actually wear it as a hood, rather than a mere decoration.

Bubba,

I've been reading and listening! Glad to have you back! I hope to be more frequent as well.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

wee! I'm totally having hood-envy right now.

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats, aaron!

masters, even. wow. time flies something violent, it seems.
hoping we can cross paths sooner rather than later, have a beer and catch up.

 
At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Little Happiness for Aaron

 

Post a Comment

<< Home