Monday, May 08, 2006

Because NPR Always Ignores My Submissions

A quick update on things, since I haven't even had time for this week's playlist.

The links in the previous post have expired, and when I find a few moments to update them, I will. Just hang tight. I'm in the last half of my last quarter here at the University of Oregon and the pressure is on.

As a class assignment I started another blog. It's supposed to examine media issues but not in newsy style, more like commentary. It's called Because NPR Always Ignores My Submissions. It's a badly cast joke about the program This I Believe. I had considered trying to quote Edward R. Murrow for my title, going with something like Murrow's Boys or something, when my head went, "Oh yeah! This I Believe" and then realized that NPR had already taken the title. I suppose "Murrow's Boy" might also work. Hmm..... Okay, maybe I'll change it... anyway... Hop on by and read it if you're interested. It will be more in the format of how this blog originally began before it became the music oriented blog that it is today.

Congratulations to Amy, a friend of Megan's from college, as she finishes up her work at Duke's law school! Soon I'll be joining the ranks of graduates, and Megan not long after that. Good luck to Amy on her next adventure! My sympathies, as I know the end of school is highly stressful and full of tying up various loose ends.

6 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger Bubba Da Cat said...

Dude, you have to try this band out called astroPuppees. They remind me of an even poppier that dog. circa Retreat From The Sun, like how Liz Phair should have done her pop record.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Aaron Burkhalter said...

I'll peep em out...

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

when are you two kids moving north, anyway?

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Aaron Burkhalter said...

Megan will move up north sometime in July, and I will follow at the end of August. I'm going to be in Astoria too late into the summer for Megan to wait, so there will be some sad separateness during much of the summer...

But we're already gearing up for the big move back north. My brother (the one that we know to be a baffoon) is coming down this weekend with his new bride and they're going to take a load of things we don't need anymore (like winter clothes) when they head back up.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Courtney said...

aww, very sad. I am really psyched that Megan is going to be a teacher, and I am not sure why... it just makes me very excited. Yay teacher Megan!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Aaron Burkhalter said...

Megan is a great teacher. I can attest to this myself, since much of what I now understand about science has come from Megan. I somehow obliterated most knowledge that I gained through school, or, more likely, I never understood it in the first place.

But she works hard to help the lagging students figure out what's going on, which is good. The two of us brainstorm a little bit, because my sympathies go to the students that don't understand, so we've tried to figure out what works and doesn't work for non-scientific minds... fun stuff...

I had a glimpse of my future being with a science teacher. Last weekend we drover down the coast, stopping at every beach to find algae and other sea life and abscond away with them in a cooler... I see big tanks of plants and sea life in my future...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home