Friday, April 28, 2006

KWVA Playlist for Friday, April 28, 2006

Sleepy McSleeperkins was me this morning. A fun show anyway! But the station is clearing out a lot of the rotation, which left me with few options this morning. I'm not sure what the deal was but i'm hoping for more music back next week. In the meantime, here's the playlist and the recordings. Sorry for the extra long first set.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Belle and Sebastian - Acts of the Apostle
Why?- Rubber Traits
I'm From Barcelona - Treehouse
Dresdon Dolls - Backstabber
Tindersticks - Patchwork
Jason Collett - Hangover Days
Anti Pop Consortium Vs. Matthew Shepp - Staph
Aceyalone - High Life
Blackstar - Born and Raised
Plasmatics - Want you Baby
Public Enemy - He Got Game
Prefuse - Hideyaface
The Knife - Silent Shout
AFX - Crying In Your Face
Four Tet - My Angel Rocks Back And Forth
Iron & Wine/Calexico - All Tomorrow's Parties
Blockhead - Insomniac Olympics
Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
We Will Build -White Furniture
Architecture In Helsinki - Do The Whirlwind
Smoosh - Find A Way
Calexico - Panic Open String
Final Fantasy - He Poos Clouds

Highlights: Music-a-plenty to talk about today.

Smoosh, if you have not heard, is cooler than you are clock in only 12 and 14 years respectively on this hear planet. And in that time they've cranked out a hit album and shared the stage with such old-timers as Sonic Youth and The Flaming Lips. By 14 I had accomplished being the most irritating caller into 107.7 The End in Seattle, and that's just about it. To date, I still have yet to match their accomplishments... but just you wait Smoosh! You're cute appearances and catchy songs will only get you so far in this world! Do you think that you can get by just for being 12 and 14 and making cute music? Well, you can, but that's beside the point!

Smoosh - Find A Way

Jason Collett is a member of some band called Broken Social Scene, whoever the hell THEY are. There's also some woman with the last name Feist singing on it.

Jason Collett - Hangover Days (Featuring Feist)

Gnarls Barkley is Cee-Lo and Danger Mouse together, concocting some interesting sounds which bear more resemblance to psychedelic soul than to hip-hop. It's also quite enjoyable, but maybe I'm crazy.

Gnarls Barkley - Crazy

Requests: We had one for the Plasmatics, and another for any number of hip-hop acts. I chose Prefuse 73 becauase it was the easiest to find. Thanks for the requests!

Next Show: Friday Morning 4 a.m.! Although I must confess that it's hard juggling all this stuff I've got going on lately. I'm not sure how much longer I can swing this. But for the moment I've only got about 4 to 6 shows left anyway before I move on to my internship, so who knows? That special treat I promised a week ago is still on its way, so just hang tight!

Random sidenote: ZT - Come to the Northwest sometime and we'll play with cars and dinosaurs!

3 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Courtney said...

Aaron! There was an Antony and the Johnsons song in V for Vendetta, and it was lovely. 'Bird Gerhl.' And now that I check amazon, it also had 'I Found a Reason' by Cat Power. I realize have these songs already, and I am made very happy.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Aaron Burkhalter said...

I saw that too, and became very excited by the prospect of seeing the movie. I wanted to see it before, but now I REALLY want to see it.

I love it when directors grab songs like that. The Shrek movies surprised me in both movies. The first one snagged "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen, and the second one grabbed up a pretty unknown Tom Waits track and a Nick Cave track. I think the movies are funny in an idiotic sort of way, but I want to find the director's CD collection....

"I Found A Reason" is one of my favorite Cat Power song, which begs the question, are you a big Velvet Underground fan?

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger ZT Krugman said...

Heh, only if we have a cars vs. dinosaurs battle. Actually, whatever you want to do is cool...and my mom says it's fine if your mom says it's fine...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home