Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Maybe less of a break

[UPDATE: I will not be starting the new time slot this Friday as noted below. My new time starts next Friday, and will assuredly be that much better because I'll be far more done with my project and far more relaxed about all things school. See y'alls then!]

I mentioned before that I needed to take off some blogging time because of my final project and the chaotic last couple weeks of school, but recent events have changed things a little bit.

I have, after three quarters of DJing, been moved to a later time slot at KWVA! I'm still spinning Friday mornings, but I'll be in the booth from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. This changes my situation because at 7 a.m. I'll be done with music and running the news. The news comes to us via an online download, and I simply mash play on Quicktime and let it do its thing.

That means I have an hour after my show to sit down and post files and playlists. I'm okay with an hour less of music because it means I can really focus on the creme de la creme and crank out one kick ass hour of drive-time music. It's also less stressful because I don't have as much work to do, and I get to sleep in two hours on Friday.

I had thought about saying this was good and bad news, but I don't really see the bad here at all. An hour less of music to DJ, as much as I love to DJ, is a welcome change during my last weeks of school. It means I get to crank out good music, work a little bit less and still have time to post it all here!

I'm already working on my playlist for this Friday. I'm feeling pretty good with my new situation, so I hope it will be kickin' show.

Log on 6 a.m. (West Coast time) this Friday at KWVA's website to listen live, or wait just a little bit and I'll post the full show plus the playlist before 8 a.m.

I'm still working on my media blog for my class, and will likely continue this after my program ends. Stop on by and read Because NPR Always Ignores My Submissions.

3 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger Aaron Burkhalter said...

7 a.m. will be Democracy Now. I'll be in the booth, but not on the air. I'll be sitting there posting my show online at that point.

My show will be at 6 a.m. And if you're up you should totally tune in...

I'll also be DJing a ton during the two weeks before my internship, because I'm done with classes super early, and they're going to be short staffed during that time.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Brett said...

i wanted to tell you.. when we went to Juan Pepe's latest show it featured the music of eyvind kang. i investigated further and i think you would enjoy this composer. he went to cornish.. which shouldn't have anything to do with whether or not you like his music.. but i found it interesting. i got 'the story of iceland' on itunes.. it's pretty interesting.. anyway. what what.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Aaron Burkhalter said...

I'd love to hear it sometime.

When I have a paying job this summer i'm going to take the world of music by storm once again and leave nothing but destruction and chaos in my wake. At which point I'll peep out this composer. Hot stuff...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home