Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Musical Melodies

It's funny that I would stumble on both of these things on the same day. But there it is. This YouTube is a hilarious lesson in how to write a Fugue. This is definately humor in the P.D.Q. Bach style, so I hope it's your thing. It's pretty funny either way.

If you're a huge nerd, like myself, you might also enjoy this NPR feature I stumbled on called the Piano Puzzler, where this performer picks a common melody (like "This Old Man" or "Rock-a-bye Baby") and performs it in the style of a famous composer (like Bach, Bizet or Brahms...). Call in guests try to figure out the mystery tune and composer style. I freaking love it.

Listen to the Piano Puzzler

2 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

Yes, I have been enjoying this fugue video far too much as well.

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fancy seeing you posting again! Thanks for the video...and I'll give the piano puzzler a try...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home