Monday, October 30, 2006

I said I WANT the UNUSUAL

So try as I might, I could not locate a YouTube broadcast of the 1980s Dr. Pepper ad in which a humanoid enters a Star Wars-esque cantina demanding "the unusual," and turning away beverages of unique shapes and sizes only to be satisfied in the end by a bottle of Dr. Pepper.

But that ad, if any of you remember it, expresses my feelings about music right now. This isn't a statement about music today, or yesterday or whatever. It's just me sitting in front of my iPod clicking through looking for something a little different. Something new and exciting, and I'm not finding it right now.

So I'm here to see if anyone can coach me towards a band I've never heard of, or one I've heard of but never gave a proper chance, and maybe I'll find something to delight my bored ears.

Obviously Andrew Bird, Petra Haden, Final F... er... Owen Pallette (he almost got me there), Iron & Wine and the Pipettes are disqualified from this list. Not that they aren't unusual, but I need some variety, and unfortunately my listening habits push these guys into overwhelming dominance.

Hook me up people! Give me something new! I said I WANT the UNUSUAL! Post anything you've got in the comments box.

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Aaron Burkhalter said...

I'm still working on getting any Masonna suggestions automatically deleted from this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home